Technology is getting advanced day by day, and everything is becoming smart, from watches, television to fridges. So why not a mirror?
A smart mirror is basically a two-way mirror that comes with an inbuilt display behind the glass and connects to your phone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Through this in-built display, you can get information about various things such as date and time, daily news, weather forecasts, and traffic reports.
Showing all 10 results
Moreover, smart mirrors often have a built-in led light through which you can adjust the warmth and color to get optimal lighting for your needs.
As smart mirror connects with your phone using Bluetooth. So you can easily make phone calls and even access applications of your phone.
The best thing about smart mirrors is that they came in various sizes. From small table mirrors to full bathroom mirrors, you can choose any one depending upon your needs.
How Does Smart Mirror Work?
A smart mirror working depends on the following three components:
Two Way Mirror
A smart mirror consists of a two-way mirror. Usually, regular mirrors have a film behind the glass that reflects the 100% of the incoming light.
Whereas the two-way mirror reflects light from one direction and let the light pass through from the other direction. Smart mirrors make use of a two-way mirror so that the light from the display can pass through the mirror.
In a smart mirror, the display is present behind the two-way mirror. Through this display, you can view any information or modules for your smart mirror.
Furthermore, the display can be either smaller than the mirror’s size or the same as the size of the mirror.
A computer is necessary for every smart device to do the processing work. Usually, smart mirrors consist of small-sized computers like Raspberry Pi that provide enough power to the smart mirror.
Smart Mirror Features
The smart mirror comes with various useful features, and below we have listed some of them.
- Touch Screen: Smart mirrors are touch screen compatible. So it became easy for users to interact with it and do the necessary tasks.
- Led Lighting: The Led lights around your mirror provide a nice look to the place where your smart mirror is present.
- Motion Sensor: Most smart Bluetooth mirrors come with a motion sensor, due to which they turn on automatically when someone enters the room.
- Voice Control: The smart wifi mirror supports voice control which means you can easily control your mirror using voice commands.
- Facial Recognition: Smart mirrors make use of facial recognition technology. So a smart mirror can easily detect who is in front of the mirror and customize its content to fulfill the match person’s needs.
Smart mirrors are highly interactive and functional. Moreover, soon you will see that apart from homes, these mirrors are used in various places, including shopping malls, hotels, retail stores, and movie theaters.