In recent, the technology we use in our home has evolved very much. The speakers that we use for playing songs can now be used as our personal virtual assistants.
Smart speakers are very popular these days. There is a variety of manufacturers that sells smart speakers. A smart speaker allows you to do various things, from controlling light to listening to music.
Showing all 11 results
However, if you don’t know about smart speakers much, then this article is for you. Read this article till the end, and you will get to know everything about smart speakers.
What is a Smart Speaker?
A smart speaker is a voice-activated device that acts as a virtual assistant and helps you with everyday tasks. The smart speaker can play music, provide answers, and control your home’s smart devices by using your voice commands.
Basically, it serves as a central information source that provides information related to weather, traffic conditions, directions, etc. You can also use a smart speaker to make notes of appointments, create a shopping list, and set alarms/reminders.
The two most famous companies that make smart speakers are Amazon (Alexa) and Google (Google Assistant). But you can also buy smart speakers from some other companies like Bose, Xiaomi, and Apple.
Smart Speaker Features
Smart speaker comes with various handy features and below we have listed some of the most useful features of smart speakers:
- Music Playback: Music playback is the most basic and used feature of any smart speaker. You can play music on any speaker but playing music on the smart speaker is different because you don’t need to connect it with any stereo system. They can stream music directly by using the internet.
- Voice Control: A smart speaker comes with a built-in microphone. So the speaker can hear your voice commands and respond accordingly. If your speaker is connected with the internet, then by giving the voice command, you can get information about the weather, raise the volume level, or hear today’s news report.
- Compact Size: The smart speaker is very compact in size. So it can be placed anywhere around the house. You can place it anywhere, like your kitchen counter, bookshelf, or bedside table.
- Virtual Home Assistant: As smart speakers use voice recognition technology, they can easily act as virtual assistants. You can use it to control the lighting of your house, create a shopping list or translate the language.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Smart speakers are Bluetooth compatible. So in case you need to connect your mobile or laptop to the speaker, you can easily do that and play the music from your laptop or mobile directly to the speaker.
How Does Smart Speaker Work?
The main part of a smart speaker is the AI virtual assistant and its capability to recognize and respond to voices. Most of the smart speaker manufacturers have their own virtual assistants.
The virtual assistant of a smart speaker usually wakes up the action work like Alexa, Ok Google, Hey Siri, etc. This word depends on which virtual assistant is used in the smart speaker.
When anyone says the wake-up word, the smart speaker gets to turn and listens to the user’s query. After listening to the user’s voice, the assistant uses its algorithm and responds as per the user voice command.